The National Law University Delhi (‘University’), through its Centre for Innovation, IP and Competition (CIIPC) is seeking to engage a Consultant (Research), who has extensive experience in the area of open science, to work on research papers, reports, policy responses, and academic articles. Depending on the project(s) the consultant is hired to be involved in, the contract period will vary.
CIIPC has been established at NLU Delhi with the aim of supporting academic and policy oriented dialogues in the areas of innovation, IP and competition. CIIPC focuses on interdisciplinary legal research in the areas of innovation, IP and competition, particularly using the law and economics approach. The Centre aims to discuss contemporary issues of fundamental and empirical nature, conduct legal and policy training in innovation, IP and competition and build a network of scholars in these areas. CIIPC has contributed extensively to the discussions on open science and the Open Science India Report published by CIIPC can be accessed from this link. More details about the centre can be accessed at www.ciipc.org.
Role of Consultant (Research)
- The Consultant (Research) will primarily be expected to support Centre’s works in the area of open science, which includes projects commissioned by prominent international organisations.
- The Consultant will be engaged in diverse activities such as research, writing, and editing of research papers, reports, policy responses, and any other publication of the Centre.
- Undergraduate degree in any discipline and with a demonstrated interest in the area of open science.
- 2+ years of experience in the areas of open science, open access, open data, open source software or open hardware related issues.
- Strong research, writing, and communication skills.
- Postgraduate degree or doctoral degree in any discipline and with a demonstrated interest in the area of open science.
- Experience in conducting empirical studies
- Sustained interest in science policies
The remuneration will be competitive, and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Duration of the Contract
As the centre is also expecting to get more research projects in the area of open science, depending on the projects the consultant will be involved in, the contract period will vary.
The application for the position of Consultant (Research) will be on a rolling basis and we will start evaluating applications from July 10, 2021 (7.00 pm IST) and make offers to consultants that meet the needs for our projects. Interested applicants may send the following information and materials to careers[at]ciipc.org with a cc to aditi[at]ciipc.org. We encourage applicants to apply at the earliest.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 4 pages)
- A brief statement of motivation in applying for this position (maximum 750 words)
- A short note (not more than 750 words) on the following question: Is open science relevant for India?
- One academic writing sample of at least 1000 words (published or unpublished).
- Names and contact details of two professional referees who may be contacted for references.
The subject of the e-mail should be “CIIPC | Application for Consultant (Research)”.
- National Law University Delhi is an equal opportunity employer.
- National Law University Delhi reserves the right to conduct telephonic or video interviews.
- National Law University Delhi reserves the right not to fill these positions.
- The position shall be paid under the grants received by the Centre for Innovation, IP and Competition at National Law University Delhi.
- Any queries regarding the position may be addressed to aditi(at)ciipc.org.