The Centre for Innovation, IP and Competition (CIIPC) is inviting internship applications from students who have extensive interest in the areas of open science, open access, open data, open source software, or open hardware.
CIIPC has been established at NLU Delhi with the aim of supporting academic and policy oriented dialogues in the areas of innovation, IP and competition. CIIPC focus on interdisciplinary legal research in the areas of innovation, IP and competition, particularly using the law and economics approach. The Centre aims to discuss contemporary issues of fundamental and empirical nature, conduct legal and policy training in innovation, IP and competition and build a network of scholars in these areas. CIIPC has contributed extensively to the discussions on open science and the Open Science India Report published by CIIPC can be accessed from this link. More details about the centre can be accessed at www.ciipc.org.
Role of Interns
The selected interns will primarily be expected to support Centre’s diverse research activities in the areas of open science, open access, open data, open source software, and open hardware.
- Undergraduate, postgraduate or doctoral students from any discipline may apply. However, the candidate must have demonstrable interest in the areas of open science, open access, open data, open source software, or open hardware. .
- Strong research and writing skills are necessary.
Minimum duration of internship shall be 8 weeks. However, this may be extended based on the performance review. Online internship is permitted and physical presence on NLU Delhi campus is not required.
The application for internships will be on a rolling basis and we will start evaluating applications from July 10, 2021 (7.00 pm IST) and make offers to students that meet the needs for our projects. Interested applicants may send the following information and materials to careers[at]nludelhi.ac.in with a cc to aditi[at]ciipc.org. We encourage applicants to apply at the earliest.
- Curriculum Vitae (Maximum 2 pages)
- Motivation letter (Maximum 750 words, clearly illustrating the interest and/ or experience in the areas of open science, open access, open data, open source software, and open hardware.
- A short note (not more than 750 words) on Open Science in South Asia
- One academic writing sample of at least 750 words (published or unpublished).
The subject of the e-mail should be “CIIPC | Application for Internship – Open Science”.
- National Law University Delhi is an equal opportunity employer.
- National Law University Delhi reserves the right to conduct telephonic or video interviews and the right to request any additional documents to facilitate the screening of applications.
- National Law University Delhi reserves the right not to fill these internship positions.
- Any queries regarding the internship may be addressed to aditi[at]ciipc.org.