Position: The National Law University, Delhi (‘University’) is seeking to engage, on a contractual basis, an Accounts Executive (Full-time) for the CENTRE FOR INNOVATION, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND COMPETITION (CIIPC), at its campus in Dwarka, New Delhi.
About the Centre: CIIPC was established in the year 2015 with the objective of contributing to academic and policy oriented dialogues in the areas of innovation, IP and competition. The Centre is currently having five major research projects and many events are scheduled for the year 2017. You can find more information about the centre at www.ciipc.org
Responsibilities of the Accounts Executive: The Accounts Executive will assist the Centre in managing the activities of the centre. The specific assignments include (but not limited to) –
- Handling all the accounts related work of the Centre
- Develop and implement systems of office management and administration
- Monitor targets set out in funding proposals and actual results achieved
- Assist in preparing grant proposals
- Liaise with University officials
- Correspond with funding agencies, government officials and regulators
- Supervise and maintain financial reports of the centre and also coordinate reimbursements to members of the Centre
- Coordinate and facilitate the official travel of members of the Centre
- Any other work which may be assigned from time to time
- Graduate or Post Graduate Qualifications in Commerce/ Management/ Accountancy
- 1- 5 years of relevant work experience in basic accounting
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Familiarity with conversational Hindi is preferable. Ability to read/ write/ speak any other Indian regional language will be an advantage
- Familiarity with software like Microsoft Word and Excel as well as apps like Dropbox, Google Calendar, Google Docs etc.
- Ability to work in a team and handle accounts requirements of a small office
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary will be in the range of Rs. 25,000 – Rs. 35,000.
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit their applications by email to [email protected]. The email should have the following documents, along with an appropriate covering letter:
- Statement expressing interest in joining CIIPC (Max. 500 words)
- Contact details of two referees
The subject of the e-mail should be “CIIPC- Application for Accounts Executive”. The covering letter must mention (Attn: Co-Directors, CIIPC).
The University reserves the right to conduct interviews to fill this position. The University will be unable to cover the costs for attending the interview.
Deadline: CIIPC accepts applications for this position on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates may be called for an interview. The University will be unable to cover the costs for attending the interview.
NOTE 1: National Law University, Delhi is an equal opportunity workplace.
NOTE 2: Graduates from NLU, Delhi and other research fellows working at NLU, Delhi, are also requested to apply only as per the above mentioned procedure.