Position: The National Law University, Delhi (‘University’) is seeking to engage, on a contractual basis, a full time OFFICE MANAGER for the CENTRE FOR INNOVATION, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND COMPETITION (CIIPC), at its campus in Dwarka, New Delhi.
About the Centre: CIIPC was established in the year 2015 with the objective of contributing to academic and policy oriented dialogues in the areas of innovation, IP and competition. The Centre is currently having different research projects and many events are scheduled for the year 2017-18.
Responsibilities of the Office Manager:
- Handling the administrative works of the Centre
- Develop and implement systems of office management and administration
- Assist the centre in screening applications for hiring
- Induct new hires and familiarise them with office systems
- Monitor targets set out in funding proposals and actual results achieved
- Assist in writing grant proposals and research funding opportunities
- Liaise with University officials
- Correspond with funding agencies, government officials and regulators
- Supervise and maintain accounts/ financial reports of the centre and also coordinate reimbursements to members of the Centre
- Work with and train other administrative personnel in using office systems
- Coordinate and facilitate the official travel of members of the Centre
- Schedule and manage meetings of the Centre
- Any other work which may arise from time to time
- Graduate or Post Graduate Qualifications in Management/Commerce/Human Resources
- 1- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Familiarity with conversational Hindi is preferable. Ability to read/ write/ speak any other Indian regional language will be an advantage
- Familiarity with software like Microsoft Word and Excel as well as apps like Dropbox, Google Calendar, Google Docs etc.
- Ability to work in a team and handle human resource requirements of a small office
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be in the range of Rs.25,000 – Rs.35,000.
Application Process: Interested persons may submit their applications by email to [email protected]) with a copy marked to [email protected]. The application email should contain – an updated CV and a cover letter (addressed to the Registrar, NLU Delhi). The subject of the e-mail should be “CIIPC- Application for Office Manager”. The cover letter must state (Attn: Co-Directors, CIIPC)
Deadline: There are no specific deadlines for application. Applications are invited on a rolling basis and the Centre may call the shortlisted candidates for interviews once it receives sufficient number of good applications. Hence we also encourage you to apply as early as possible.
The University reserves the right to conduct interviews to fill this position.
The University will be unable to cover the costs for attending the interview.
National Law University, Delhi is an equal opportunity workplace.