The Centre for Innovation, Intellectual Property and Competition, National Law University, Delhi is organising the second Asia-Pacific Workshop on Innovation, Intellectual Property, and Competition from February 5 to 10, 2018. This workshop will take place at the National Law University, Delhi (NLU Delhi).
The workshop will be exploring contemporary issues at the interface of IP law and competition law in the following industries:
- Agriculture & Biotechnology
- Creative Industry
- Information & Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Online Platforms
In an era of technological disruptions, it is important to deliberate on different policy concerns and options for competition law-related interventions. By conducting detailed discussions on contemporary IP and competition law developments in six different sectors mentioned above, this workshop intends to provide the audience with a comprehensive overview of unsettled issues and potential policy interventions.
The workshop will start on February 5, 2018 at 09:00 (IST) and will end on February 10, 2018 at 18:00 (IST). The confirmed resource persons for the conference are:
- Prof. Shamnad Basheer, IDIA and SpicyIP
- Ms Sheetal Chopra, Ericsson
- Mr J Sai Deepak, Law Chambers of J. Sai Deepak
- Prof. Josef Drexl, Director, Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition
- Prof. Steve Greenfield, University of Westminster
- Mr Achille Forler, Advisor, The Indian Performing Right Society
- Mr Vaibhav Gaggar, Gaggar & Partners
- Prof. Shubha Ghosh, Syracuse University, College of Law
- Dr Geeta Gouri, Former Member, Competition Commission of India
- Dr Kirti Gupta, Qualcomm Inc.
- Dr Vikas Kathuria, Benett University
- Prof. Ariel Katz, University of Toronto
- Prof. Jay P. Kesan, University of Illinois
- Dr Malathi Lakshmikumaran, Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan Attorneys
- Prof. Jessica Lai, Victoria University of Wellington
- Prof. Kung-Chung Liu, Singapore Management University
- Dr Payal Malik, Competition Commission of India
- Mr Udai S. Mehta, CUTS International
- Dr Raman Mittal, University of Delhi
- Mr Essenese Obhan, Obhan & Associates
- Prof. Guy Osborn, University of Westminster
- Mr Sandeep Rathod
- Mr Prashant Reddy, NALSAR University of Law
- Prof. Daniel Sokol, University of Florida
- Ms Sunita Tripathy, Jindal Global Law School
- Prof. V. K. Unni, IIM Calcutta
- Prof. Fang Xiaomin, Nanjing University, China
- Prof. Ya-Lun Yen, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
Prof. Josef Drexl (Director, Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition, Munich) will be delivering a special lecture on February 10, 2018 at 15:30 on ‘Economic Efficiency versus Democracy: On the Potential Role of Competition Policy in Regulating Digital Markets in Times of Post-Truth Politics.’ This lecture will be open for the public and if you are interested in attending the special lecture, please drop an email to [email protected] with a cc to [email protected].
Note: The applications for this workshop is closed now and only the requests for attending the special lecture can be considered at this stage.
Workshop Organiser: Dr Arul George Scaria
Coordinator: Mr Swarnim Shrivastava